The cemetery plot in Ypsilanti, North Dakota is located a half mile south of Ypsilanti. The land for the cemetery was purchased in 1914. The cemetery was owned and operated by the Ypsilanti Lutheran Church.
Every family in the church was given a lot if they so desired, while non-members were permitted to purchase lots. In later years, a cemetery organization was formed, the officers to be members of the American Lutheran Church Women, with an advisory board from the church. A perpetual care fund was established. Manroy Ukestad donated a tract of land to be used when the original cemetery parcel was full.