Corwin and Ypsilanti Schools
The first school in Ypsilanti, North Dakota was a one-room schoolhouse in the northeastern part of town, in an area where the town dump was later located.
About 1916, a two-room school was built south of the business area. For many years, grades 1-8 were taught there.
In 1930, high school classes were added until it became a four-year high school, as well as a grade school. The high school continued until school consolidation began.
When the high school was discontinued, students attended either Jamestown or Montpelier high schools.
In 1960, the school district consolidated, and became a part of the Jamestown Public School System.
Ypsilanti Township had three rural schools, most commonly known as the Madden School, Berge School, and Lien School.
Corwin Township also had three rural schools, known as the Domek School, Aljoe School, and Roeske School.
The rural schools were discontinued many years ago. The Ypsilanti town school was discontinued in 1981, after which all of the children in Ypsilanti were bused to Jamestown.
Additional information about Ypsilanti Schools can be found here.