The first 4-H Club, a Home Economic Club, in the the Ypsilanti, North Dakota community, was organized in 1922 with Mrs. Albert Rosendahl as the first leader.
The first agricultural club was organized in 1927, with Ed Whitney and Charles Davis Sr. as the first leaders.
The Y.C. 4-H Club was organized in 1945, with Owen (Bud) Madden and Floyd Whitney as leaders. Vernon (Bud) Whitney was the leader of the organization in 1982, at which time he had led the organization twenty-eight years. Cliff Orr was assistant leader for fifteen years, resigning in 1981, at which time Dean Whitney became assistant leader.
The Prairie Lassies 4-H Club, under the leadership of Mrs. Alvin Exner, was active in the community in 1982.
In the 1950s, another Home Economics Club was organized under the leadership of Adeline Ferguson and Waunita Mellum.