The Ypsilanti Camp No. 17198 was organized in 1922, primarily through the efforts of Hubert Nicholls, R.B. Kotts, S.B. Nicholls, and Clinton Gibson.
Ypsilanti Camp No. 17198 is a fraternal organization offering life insurance and social memberships. At one time, the organization's membership numbered more than sixty members. The organization was the center for social activities in the community, sponsoring basketball games, whist games, and other activities.
The camp disbanded in the late 1950s, and its membership was transferred to Camp No. 1477 at Jamestown.